Erg Chebbi dunes in Merzouga Desert is the best desert destination to choose if you are planning to travel from Marrakech to Fes. It’s perfect location made it easy to put in a Marrakech to Fes itinerary. This private desert tour will give you the exact same desert experience as the classic Marrakech desert tour to Erg Cheebi. Instead of driving back to Marrakech, you will continue to Fes.
You will spend the 1st night en route in Dades Gorge in order to allow you to have breaks and photo stops all along the way. The next day you will drive to Erg Chebbi dunes where you will spend a few magical nights with the Berber people. The Erg Chebbi desert camp is comfortable and will make your guest experience unforgettable. You will have a private Berber tent with everything you will need for a great night sleep. The Chebbi desert camp in Merzouga desert has toilets and hot water showers. The food is typically Moroccan and locally cooked by our Berber team.
Your stay in Erg Chebbi desert camp will be full of desert activities like camel trekking, sandboarding, Berber music around the fire under stars at night. You will also have the opportunity to watch the sunset and sunrise from the top of the dunes. It’s a breathtaking and unique moment.
- Private Transportation aboard a comfortable and air conditioned vehicle
- Pick up from your Hotel/Riad in Marrakech (or from the airport)
- Drop off at your Hotel/Riad in Fes (or at the airport)
- English speaking Berber nomad driver
- Fuel for entire Chebbi travel desert package
- All nights accommodations
- Camel trekking in Erg Chebbi dunes
- Sandboarding in Erg Chebbi dunes
- Berber music at night around the fire under stars in Erg Chebbi desert camp
- Free stops when you want
Private tours Marrakesh, Dades gorges, Night in Desert Camp, Fes,
- 1 Marrakesh – Ouarzazate Morning departure at 8 o’clock from your hotel or riad in Marrakesh to cross the High Atlas Mountains. After the Tichka pass, you leave the main road and take a side road to the Telouet Kasbah, which belonged to the Lords of the Atlas, the Glaoui family, and which now stands in ruins after the last Pasha fled the country, following the departure of the French. From there you continue for lunch at Ait Ben Haddou along the newly asphalted connecting road. This is the most famous Kasbah in Morocco and is a UNESCO World Heritage site, which we visit after lunch. After visiting the Kasbah, you continue to see another famous one in the area, Kasbah Tifoultoute. In Ouarzazate you spend the night in a riad.
- 2 Ouarzazate – Dades Gorges After breakfast, you set out towards the Dades Gorge, passing the Skoura Oasis, where numerous ancient kasbahs, some sadly in ruins, stand amongst the palm trees. From here, our route takes us through Kela’a M’gouna, the Valley of Roses, famous for its Rose Festival in May. Here we stop to see the cosmetic articles which are made locally from the valley’s abundant flowers. These products are well-known throughout Morocco and are highly valued. From here, you take an off-road route to have a better impression of the landscape. Along the way, you will stop at caves, used by whichever Berber nomads happen to pass and claim residence there. We will have a glass of tea with them before continuing to the Dades Gorge for lunch. This leaves you half a day to walk in the valley, or to spend it relaxing or simply strolling by the fields and gardens, or having tea with a Berber family.
- 3 Dades – Merzouga After breakfast, the trip continues a short distance to Tinghir and the very different Toudgha gorges where you can take a short walk to appreciate the steep sides to the gorge and the narrow expanse of the sky above. From there, you continue to the Chebbi dunes via Tinjdad, and the Oasis of Tafilalet near Erfoud, famous for its Date Festival, and Rissani, which is the seat of the Alaouite family of the present king of Morocco. Erfoud and Rissani. Between Tinjdad and Erfoud, you can stop to go down into the fascinating underground water cannels deep below the earth, always cool and preventing the evaporation of this source of irrigation. In Erfoud itself, you can stop to see the workings of thousands of fossils made into all sorts of artefacts. Lunch will be in a Berber village along the way. At the bivouac you are welcomed with a glass of tea before taking a camel ride to watch the sunset from the top of the dunes. Later there is dinner and the night in a nomad tent at the foot of the dunes.
- 4 Merzouga – Fes After breakfast, departure for Rissani and Erfoud, where there will be a stop to see how locally found fossils are worked into furniture and artefacts. From there the road leads north to Er Rachidia and the Ziz Valley, remarkable for the extent of its palm trees. Lunch is in Midelt, which is called “the apple capital”, in the Middle Atlas and at the foot of the Ayachi Mountain. We cross the Tizi-n-Talremt pass and reach Azrou, where you can see Barbary apes in the cedar forests looking out for tidbits. We reach Fes at the end of the afternoon.
Related Tour Packages
My friend recommended this private desert tour once he got back from his trip to Marrakech. He talked highly about Abidine and his team. I was worry about the heat... read more
Me and another 3 friends went to morocco to spend a week there. We had the incredible luck of having Abdul as a guide for the whole trip. Not only... read more
I already went on a desert tour with Abidine last february and I was absolutely amazed and stunned by the atmosphere in the desert and the insight I got in... read more
Our honeymoon in Morocco was unreal thanks to Abidine . The planning was seamless and stress free. We simply highlighted the destinations we wanted to visit and the rest was... read more
Found this company on the website and from the start Abidine was really fantastic. He was very quick in replying and accommodating to our requests. We did a 10 day... read more
We both had a fantastic time!. Abidine was wonderful . He was sweet, dependable guy who went out of his way to help us on many occassions. Thank you... read more
This was a unique experience which me and my family will cherish for the rest of our lives. Thank you Abidine for making it possible. Your prompt response to all... read more
I must say we really enjoyed the 3-day tour especially the hours in the Sahara, Dades, Todra and Ait Ben haddou as well as the 2 hotels & restaurants that... read more
Our trip to desert Erg Chebbi dunes was amazing. The gorges and the desert were spectacular. The food everywhere was delicious but most of all our guide Abdoul was a... read more
Excellent Tour in Morocco white amazing scenery fun guide and driver we could not be more happy of choosing this agency his Driver Guide informed about all the places we visited Next time in Morocco we would do our excursion again with this Agency.
From Marrakesh to the desert, 3 days and 2 nights, one of them in the desert with all the expected attractions, a spetacular sun set and a super nice “crew” for dinner and music! The previous nighto we spent in an oasis on a cute and super nice hotel owned by Belgium/French couple in Skoura. Abdul was the nicest driver/guide we ever had, good mood, good with out teenager son and super informed about local culture history and attractions.
I was traveling with my husband and teenage son and Ali made the trip so exciting and informative. My son especially enjoyed his time in the desert sand boarding and rug boarding. We enjoyed ourselves so much at sunset we also added on the sunrise camel trip last minute without any issues to accommodate our request. If you are looking for honest, safe, know ledgable guides…this is your company to go to!
-- Eliza Tess