Agadir Desert Tour to Merzouga – 4 Days – Private Morocco tours
Agadir Desert Tour to Merzouga – 4 Days – Private Morocco tours Overview:
Morocco is so much more than the coast! So why not add an adventurous desert trip and Private Morocco tours to the Erg Chebbi dunes to your Agadir beach resort holiday? This diverse four day desert tour to the Sahara desert in Merzouga makes it possible.
Agadir Desert Tour to Merzouga : For a greater insight into Berber life in the south, you will visit Taroudant, called the little Marrakech, Talouine, a saffron growing area with a government-run saffron museum, and Taznakht, full of co-operatives selling Berber rugs. Visit Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
You can catch a glimpse of rural Berber life in the Skoura oasis and Kasbah Amredhil there. Dra’a Valley with its palm trees, ancient kasbahs shows you life in the oases and ancient building techniques. The Damascene rose distillery in the Valley of a Thousand Kasbahs offers sweetly scented cosmetic products as wonderful souvenirs. The incredible geological surprises can be seen in the Dades Valley and Toudgha gorges.
Then after a welcoming glass of mint tea at the camp, there is a thrilling camel ride to the top of Erg Chebbi Dunes. From here you get to watch the most wonderful sunset. Dinner is traditional Moroccan cooking, followed by music round a camp fire. Your exotic tent in a luxury desert camp rounds off the evening to perfection.
Good to know about this Agadir to Merzouga desert tour 4 days:
- This Agadir Desert trip can be customised to accommodate your individual areas of interest
- Activities such as day trips, quad-biking, a full day’s trekking or an extra day in the desert in the Erg Chebbi dunes can be added to this desert tour from Agadir
- To go to the Erg Chegaga desert, please visit Agadir desert tour to Erg Chegaga 6 or 7 days
- You can choose to go to the camp either on camelback or by 4×4 (then you go for a camel ride from there)
- You can ask us if others are interested in sharing this desert tour from Agadir, or in case of an early booking, let us know that you are interested in this yourselves
- We require a 30% deposit of the total price to book the car, while the balance is payable to us in the office in Ouarzazate
- We accept payment through PayPal, bank transfers in Europe, by credit card, or cash (USD, Euro, GBP or MAD)
- There is a 25% reduction for children under 12 years old, whilst we do not charge children under 5
- These prices are liable to fluctuation according to the current exchange rate
Desert tour from Agadir to Merzouga 4 Days – Highlights:
- Going on this 4 day desert tour from Agadir to Erg Chebbi Dunes for a unique desert experience
- Photographing the intact city walls of Taroudant and visiting Taznakht, famous for its Berber rugs
- Visiting the saffron museum in Talouine in the main saffron growing area.
- Exploring the UNESCO World Heritage Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou
- Stopping off at Kasbah Amredhil in Skoura among all the vast number of palm trees
- Purchasing Damascene rose products in the Rose Valley (if desired)
- Enjoying a sunset camel ride in Erg Chebbi Dunes and taking photos wearing blue turbans
- Sharing an evening of Berber music and drumming around a fire camp
- Spending a peaceful night in a luxury desert camp
What is included in this Agadir to Merzouga desert tour:
- Transport in a private air-conditioned 4×4; Toyota Prado Tx or deluxe van and fuel
- Pick-up from and drop-off at your riad or hotel in Agadir
- Experienced local English/French/Spanish/Italian-speaking Berber and nomad driver/guide
- Accommodation in air-conditioned rooms/suites with private bathroom
- Overnight in a luxury camp in a very comfortable tent with private toilet and shower, lamps, beds, mattresses, sheets, pillows, blankets, carpets, and handmade furnishings
- Meals: breakfast, dinner – with vegetarian and vegan options available
- A camel ride of about an hour – an hour & a half with a guide, and free sandboarding, if desired – just ask the camp staff
- An option to go to and return from the camp by 4×4
- Luggage service to the camp and all accommodation
- Berber drumming and music
- Free time to explore the sites such as Ait Ben Haddou or the saffron museum, for walks, photos, and tea/coffee breaks
- The opportunity to ask the driver to stop when and where you wish
- Entrance fees and local guide
- Tea, coffee and in the desert
Private Morocco tours : Agadir Desert Tour to Merzouga
What’s Not Included?
Agadir Desert Tour to Merzouga - 4 Days - Private Morocco tours
- 1 Agadir – Ouarzazate Morning departure by 4×4 from Agadir to Ouarzazate, passing by Taroudant, known as “the little Marrakesh”, via Taliouine and then Taznakht. From here the road continues to the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou, the most famous Kasbah in Morocco and one of Morocco’s eight UNESCO World Heritage sites. After lunch in the village, there is time to visit the Kasbah, climbing to the top to admire the view. In the afternoon, a visit to the Atlas Film Studios is scheduled. Here numerous Hollywood blockbusters were shot and the sets are still mostly intact (Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven, Asterix and Obelix, Game of Thrones.) There remain only a few kilometres to the small town of Ouarzazate, where you spend the night in a riad.
- 2 Ouarzazate – Merzouga The morning departure takes us from Ouarzazate to the Toudgha gorges via Skoura, travelling off-road to see the Kasbahs, some sadly in a state of disrepair but idyllically placed amongst a large number of palm trees in this magnificent oasis. The most famous of these Kasbahs is Amredhil, which is well-worth stopping at for photos and a quick visit. The main road passes through the Valley of Roses, where the roses are distilled to produce oils, lotions and creams found on sale throughout the country. From there the next place to visit is the Dades Valley with its green gardens along the river and amazing rock formations. We stop for lunch in the Toudgha gorges. In the afternoon, our trip continues to the Merzouga dunes for a two-hour camel ride to reach the Erg Chebbi dunes (250m). From the top of the dunes, the sunset is spectacular. You have dinner and spend the night at a luxury camp with private bathroom, king-sized beds, beautiful Moroccan furnishings and lamps tastefully arranged to enhance your enjoyment of the silence and beauty of the dunes.
- 3 Merzouga – Agdz If you wake up early enough, you can watch the spectacle of the sunrise, when the colour of the dunes and the play of shadows are an awesome sight. After breakfast, the itinerary continues to the Dra’a Valley, the longest valley in Morocco. The road passes through the villages of Rissani, Alnif, Tazzarine and N’Qob, where we stop for lunch. In the afternoon, the journey takes us to Tansikht across the Dra’a River, sometimes in full spate but often little more than a trickle. Here we turn north to drive off-road along the ancient caravan route, which follows the valley with its huge palm trees and ancient villages. At the end of the afternoon, we stop in Agdz for dinner and a night’s rest.
- 4 Agdz – Agadir After breakfast, we drive north-west from Agdz to Taznakht, famous for its Berber gelims and carpets. On the way, we follow beautiful landscapes and the Bouazzer mines. This is a secluded part of the country and more off the beaten track. Later, we continue west to Agadir, crossing the Tizi-n-Ikhsane and Tizi-n-Tighatine passes. We stop to have lunch in Taliouine, the heart of the saffron growing area of Morocco, and where there is an excellent little museum about the art of growing saffron. In the afternoon, the road takes us on to Taroudant again and follows the often dry Souss River and innumerous argane trees on all the slopes of the hill-sides back to Agadir, which we reach by the end of the afternoon. Your Agadir to Merzouga desert tour comes to an end around 18:00.
Related Tour Packages
A Great Experience - We hired Private Desert Tours to take 4 of us around Morocco for 11 days, and we were more than pleased with our experience!
Starting with our communications with... read more
Memorable Experience! - With the coordination of Private Desert Tours we recently completed a tour of Morocco with another couple. We started our 11 day tour in Casablanca and completed it in... read more
Our honeymoon in Morocco was unreal thanks to Abidine . The planning was seamless and stress free. We simply highlighted the destinations we wanted to visit and the rest was... read more
Our trip to desert Erg Chebbi dunes was amazing. The gorges and the desert were spectacular. The food everywhere was delicious but most of all our guide Abdoul was a... read more
I must say we really enjoyed the 3-day tour especially the hours in the Sahara, Dades, Todra and Ait Ben haddou as well as the 2 hotels & restaurants that... read more
This was a unique experience which me and my family will cherish for the rest of our lives. Thank you Abidine for making it possible. Your prompt response to all... read more
From day one, Abidine was extremely responsive and helpful with our questions and helping us with our decision on picking the right tour for our time frame in Morocco. Always... read more
Fantastic tour, great people! - My wife and I decided to explore Morocco for our Honeymoon - we had limited time (less than a week) and wanted to see many spots. We booked Private Desert... read more
Excellent Tour in Morocco white amazing scenery fun guide and driver we could not be more happy of choosing this agency his Driver Guide informed about all the places we visited Next time in Morocco we would do our excursion again with this Agency.
From Marrakesh to the desert, 3 days and 2 nights, one of them in the desert with all the expected attractions, a spetacular sun set and a super nice “crew” for dinner and music! The previous nighto we spent in an oasis on a cute and super nice hotel owned by Belgium/French couple in Skoura. Abdul was the nicest driver/guide we ever had, good mood, good with out teenager son and super informed about local culture history and attractions.
I was traveling with my husband and teenage son and Ali made the trip so exciting and informative. My son especially enjoyed his time in the desert sand boarding and rug boarding. We enjoyed ourselves so much at sunset we also added on the sunrise camel trip last minute without any issues to accommodate our request. If you are looking for honest, safe, know ledgable guides…this is your company to go to!
-- Eliza Tess