Camels Trekking desert Morocco 6 days
Morocco Desert Trekking
Trekking in the desert of Morocco is a unique experience for people looking to push themselves to the edge of them limits. You will walk on the path of real nomad people and discover their lifestyle. This can be a great why to reconcile with the wild nature.
Camels Trekking desert Morocco
Your trekking experience will start from M’hamid El Ghizlane. You will take your camel and go with our experienced and professionally friendly desert guides for the adventure of your life.
Camels Trekking desert Morocco
- 1 Departure from M’hamid at the desert door early in the morning with the camels and their drivers to cross arid countryside. A few hours later we will picnic in the shade… After some rest we will carry on until the Marabout’s tombstone of Sidi Naji. Then we will set up the bivouac where we will spend the evening and the night under the stars or under the tents (as you wish, according to the temperature and the season)…
- 2 In the morning, after breakfast, we will go and cross the Hamada of acacias before reaching the Erg of Ez-Zahar. There, the great dunes have kept their wild and solitary character and they overlook the most beautiful desert of Morocco… At the foot of these dunes, also called howling dunes, we will set up the bivouac so that you will be able to climb to admire the sunset…
- 3 Departure from the Erg of Ez-Zahar towards the Erg of Smar. It is a village which has fallen apart, deserted and stuck in the sand surrounded by tamaris. This place is charming and enjoyable to set up the camp for the night…
- 4 Departure from the Erg of Smar toward the Erg of Ait Ounir through little dunes and ergs. We will find a shaded place to have a break and lunch. We will spend the night in the Erg of Ait Ounir.
- 5 For the second to last day, the caravan will go on at its own pace along the arid plains. We will stop for lunch and the afternoon nap. We will arrive in the late afternoon at the Oued Naam where we will set up the camp for the last time under the stars…
- 6 The last day, we will leave the Oued Naam in the direction of Mhamid. We will enjoy a little more the vastness, the silence, and the song of our steps on the sand, such a beautiful melody! Bye for now desert!
Plan Your Travel
Related Tour Packages
Popular Tour Packages
Private Desert Tours
Excellent Tour in Morocco white amazing scenery fun guide and driver we could not be more happy of choosing this agency his Driver Guide informed about all the places we visited Next time in Morocco we would do our excursion again with this Agency.
From Marrakesh to the desert, 3 days and 2 nights, one of them in the desert with all the expected attractions, a spetacular sun set and a super nice “crew” for dinner and music! The previous nighto we spent in an oasis on a cute and super nice hotel owned by Belgium/French couple in Skoura. Abdul was the nicest driver/guide we ever had, good mood, good with out teenager son and super informed about local culture history and attractions.
I was traveling with my husband and teenage son and Ali made the trip so exciting and informative. My son especially enjoyed his time in the desert sand boarding and rug boarding. We enjoyed ourselves so much at sunset we also added on the sunrise camel trip last minute without any issues to accommodate our request. If you are looking for honest, safe, know ledgable guides…this is your company to go to!
-- Eliza Tess